Scott Fitzgerald Wyatt
- (336) 819-6007 - Direct Line
- Victoria Grimaud
- 336-819-6044 - Direct Line
- 336-884-1102 - Fax
Areas of Practice
- Business Court
- Business Disputes
- Business Owner Disputes
- Commercial Disputes
- Confidentiality / Nondisclosure / Noncompetition Agreements
- Contract Disputes
- Copyright, Trademark & Domain Name Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Employment Contracts
- Employment Disputes
- Employment Law
- Land Condemnation and Eminent Domain
- Noncompete Agreements
- Nondisclosure Agreements
- Property Disputes
- Real Estate Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trade Secrets
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
Scott Fitzgerald Wyatt
- Wake Forest University (B.A. Economics, cum laude, 1988; J.D., 1991)
Admission to Bar
- 1992, North Carolina, U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
- 1993, U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina; U.S. Supreme Court
- High Point Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Eminent Domain Section
- Guilford Inn of Court
- Litigation Practice Group, Department Head
- Avvo Rated 8.0/10
- Greensboro Sports Council
- West Market Street United Methodist Church –
- Past Chair, Staff-Parish Committee;
- Past Member, Building Committee;
- Past Member, Finance Committee
- Vice Chair, Church Council
- Leadership High Point (Class of 1999)
- Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro – Member, Grants Committee
- Boy Scouts of America (Eagle Scout)
- Communities in Schools, High Point
- Law Clerk to Honorable W. Earl Britt, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina (1991-93).
- Past Chair-Member, Eminent Domain Section of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Chair, North Carolina Bar Association Convention Planning Committee
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association Professionalism Committee.
CLE Presentations and Articles
- “Negotiating with the Condemnor: Pre- and Post Taking” CLE March 2007.
- “Dealing with the Condemnor, Its Agents and Its Attorney in the Condemnation Process,” Trial Briefs, December 2006.
- “The Government Wants to Take Your Land. What Are Your Options?,” Firm Newsletter, Summer 2005.
- “What To Do When Your Land Is Being Taken For A Public Project,” Firm Newsletter, Summer 2002.
- “Just Compensation in Land Condemnation Cases: Making the Government Pay Fair Market Value,” Trial Briefs, December 2000.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation
Peer review rating of AV in Martindale-Hubbell, the facilitator of a peer review rating process that reflects the opinions of fellow lawyers and judges as to the legal ability and general ethical standards of an attorney peer. An AV-rating is the highest rating.